Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Breaking News 11/14/05 7:52 EST - Deb is in surgery now to remove the tumor.

Deb had a hard day yesterday 11/13/06. Dr. Yu and his team decided they needed to get the surgery underway now and not to wait for the MRI that was scheduled today. Deb had become unresponsive over the day and as you can guess that's not a great sign. I had a chance to talk to her briefly yesterday morning and she said that the medication/pain killers were making her very drowsy and that she just wanted to sleep for awhile until she felt better. She didn't know how right that idea was; she spent most of the day sleeping and now when she wakes up we can tell her the surgery is all done. No more waiting, no nerves before they go in, she took a nap to feel better and Dr. Yu will do his best so when she wakes up she won't just feel better she'll be better! Because as I've been saying all along - get that damn thing out of her!

Now the last thing Deb said to me before she hung up was "don't forget to keep your fingers crossed for me". And I said, " we're going to do more than cross our fingers" - so I'm picturing that Dr. Seuss story about the little world in the elephant's hand. It's our job to get a big loud cosmic "We Love Deb" message out there. In other words call your priest, rabbi, shaman, or witch doctor, get on your knees, count some beads or do a few oums but I want all the karma and good will we can muster for Deb and her family. Don't make me write a cheer to get you motivated...and don't' be shy, we all love Deb, and we all need to show it right now.

I'll keep you updated. That's all for now.

Deb's Blog Archive