Friday, January 12, 2007


Deb’s Update; January 12, 2007: 11:30 P.S.T.

Hi all,

This week has been great! No nausea or vomiting since last Saturday. I decided to go back on the Kytril so maybe that's why? I have just started to NOT try to figure it out, but just to be happy I'm not feeling sick! I have had an easy radiation week as well or so it seems. My skin that has been very itchy and sore seems to be a bit better which is a great thing! I will be ending the combo of radiation and chemo two weeks from today... after that, it's study subject time for me and of course I will continue the chemo for the year but at least it won't be daily.

My house is starting to be organized since Anita is an organizing, cleaning, building, moving, maniac! Of course she's not unlike me, so maybe that's why I'm having such a good week.... I have someone to do exactly what I would do: start EVERYTHING on the same day!!! But, of course a cook may be a good visitor next time :-)

Lisa will be coming today and Anita leaves tonight. It's interesting for me to 'train' the visitors since everyone is different. I have to keep reminding myself to give driving directions to all of the visitors that don't know the area.... I forget that one since I am just always a passenger now! Interestingly enough, they are all enjoying driving the Element (so far anyway... stay tuned)!

Since Anita had never been to CA, we went to Malibu to watch a sunset yesterday which was beautiful. Even though it was cloudy, we could see the sun below the clouds and it was spectacular... she took lots of pictures too since she had never seen a sunset on the Pacific Ocean before!

That's it for now... I'll write more next week. I'm hoping that I still feel good this weekend since I am not taking the chemo on Saturday and Sunday. Oh, and by the way, napping isn't going to continue since it actually made me wake up in the middle of the night, then at 4 AM, 5 AM, etc... So, I'm just relaxing instead. If I fall asleep when I'm on the couch, then I'm meant to nap, but otherwise, it's just two hour relax time!

-Debbie

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie,

It sounds like things are going good! I'm jealous at all the organizing you and your visitors are getting done. I need to do that. I'm also looking into Feng Shui because if it can make a cat and dog get along maybe it will help my boys get along....it's a long shot but worth a try. Anyways, I hope you got the pictures I sent....take care

Galynn

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
You look great! Nala too! Sounds like 2007 has been very very good to Debbie so far. Keep up with everything you're doing. I went out and bought the feng shui book you told us about, interesting stuff. Sounds like you've had some great house guests. Remember to rest, relax and enjoy life. Love you!

Mary

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of you and Nala! You both look fabulous. I am so glad that you enjoyed your visit with Anita - I am sure she was a whirlwind - those that can't cook do projects, right Deb? I hope that Lisa is alrady cooking up a storm - her visit promises to make this week quite different from last week. I'm sure you will get to enjoy many home cooked meals and perhaps she will freeze some for you to enjoy after she leaves and the next CT posse girl arrives :). It is great to see you post so frequently - a sure sign of feeling good and being pumped about letting us know what you are doing and how you are feeling. Actually, it is just that you like to talk.... Have a great week with Lisa - who is next to arrive, is it Carrie, Joann or Amy...- Debbie's Dames - what a club.

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Deb

I love that picture of you and Nala, what a great, bright, cheery picture...fabulous!!!! I'm so glad to hear that things are still going well. Boy, you sure have had a lot of visitors, hope you're getting everything done that needs to be done, not everyone can be good at everything...right? Well, except for you LOL!!!!! Keep up the great work, relax and stay strong and positive. Love ya lots.
Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Poor Nala was annoyed that she wasn't able to walk around the yard and sniff as you can see... her ears are usually HUGE and on the side of her head/up in the air! But she's definitely happy to have me home now...
-Debbie

Anonymous said...

You look great Deb!Wish I could be with you.I am so proud to have you as my daughter,LOVE YOU LOTS....Mom

Anonymous said...

You look FANTASTIC Deb! You are truly someone to look up to. God love ya!! :~) I hope you're enjoying all of your visitors. Don't forget to rest....maybe take a little nap for me?!?!?! You know Allie and Riley don't let me sit for a minute. I love reading your postings, and seeing pictures is an added bonus! Your weather looks great too. We're bracing for our first major winter storm today. You know how NE storms are.....so, I'll be home today playing endless games of Candyland and Lucky Ducks. Hopefully, Allie will let me win at least one game. :~)
Take care of yourself! I'm always thinking of you! Love ya!
Donna:)

Anonymous said...

You look MAHVELOUS!!! Nala does look like you fed her lemons - the absolute nerve, making her pose and not allowing her to sniff stuff near the road. I have to compliment you on the return to color coordinating. Much better than that hospital gown with the yellow pants and the rash with the crocs. I'd come out and cook for you, but we'd have to rent a car, so perhaps I'll just stay put. Besides, the two of us would just get in trouble. Keep blogging! Love the pictures!
-Mol

Anonymous said...

Deb,

AWESOME pic of you and Nala. Looks like the sun is shining on you there. Be glad you are in CA. We are having yucky winter stuff up here in So. New England....COLD RAIN.

Keep up the positive outlook and do as many things as you can that bring you joy. It's great that you had a good week. I hope this coming week is good for you too.

Sending Beacons from Boston Always,
Karin

Anonymous said...

Deb, I am worried you are over doing it with all of your guests that are arriving. This is not the time to play tour guide it's a time to heal. Don't push it, there is no need to rush your healing although I know you want to go full throttle. It's ok to not go somewhere or see people or to nap-they need to understand you just can't and that is the way it is supposed to be. So you wake up in the middle of the night-That's ok. Afterall, your body is working overtime to kill those nasty little cells and any other noncompliant cells that might try something.

Take your antinausea medications, it's only for a short time.

So please, please, take this time to slow down.

Friends of Deb said...

Hi Deb,

You look fabulous dahling! Only you could get sick and still look more put together than I do going out to dinner. You'd better be careful or your doctors will think you are too healthy to treat. I know you are also getting lots of help from all of your visitors. These last few weeks have been hard and these next too will be hard too but you've got those CT girls who are there for you. Let them take care of you and these weeks will be just a distant memory. And you can get back to your life's work - shopping of course!
Love you lots,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Glad to see that you got that "prison door" painted red... Looks great and keep up the fight!!! We miss you back home here in MA and hope to see you soon. Love ya... Dan, Mary and Logan

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
What a great picture - the picture of health if you ask me - red's your color! Oh, and Nala looks pretty good too :)
2 more weeks - wow - remember -you've earned a spa day for that!
-Hillary