Friday, December 08, 2006

Direct from Deb! The Top 10 Issues at Home Sweet Home: 12/8/2006, 9:00 AM E.S.T.

10. Thank God I finally don't have to take the verbal/psychological tests in the rehab area at Cedar Sinai (come on, I have a psych degree and I know exactly how annoying those tests are!

9. I can finally wash my hair and put my curly hair stuff on it (had to keep my hair dirty for two weeks due to my surgery scar!)

8. I can finally eat ANYTHING that I want at home instead of the hospital food

7. I have lots of CA friends trying to find the fake hair dying products that I am allowed to use... I'm hating seeing this gray hair!!! (not allowed to dye at the hair dresser per the doc until mid January!)

6. I can finally put lotion on my entire body at home so that my crazy itching from the medication allergy on my body can go away... you'd be shocked if you saw all the dry skin on me!

5. I allowed myself to paint my nails finally.... time to get back to my beauty products including make-up I hope!

4. My energy is finally getting back as I keep walking around the house getting my strength back... I may even take Nala on a little walk down the street today since it'll be warm (in the 70s!).

3. I can't wait to start getting my muscles back.... I asked the surgeon Dr. Lu if I could do my Pilates DVDs and of course he said "yes".... I think he's always surprised about my energy!

2. I am finally getting to understand how wonderful that all my friends and family are which nearly makes me get tears in my eyes ( you know that hardly ever happens to someone like me!!!)

1. I am finally thrilled that I can talk to and email anyone and get my word problem issues solved (you know that I'm hating that since I am a major talker!!!)

Thanks for putting this on the Blog!!!
Debbie

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb,
Soooooooooo good to hear from you!!!! I'm glad you are finding all the comforts of home! You make me laugh with your top 10! You sound great, just like yourself...Good to hear it!! Keep up your spirit and strength! Love you lots & hope to chat with you soon!
Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Debbie! We're so happy to know that you're home and doing well. Enjoy! We're all thinking of you here in Florida. We hope you're feeling good.
Love,
Lisa, Andrew, Daniel, and Noah Frank

Anonymous said...

Debbie glad to see your doning so well!!!. I love that sense of humor, I miss that at COH your dancing in the offices!

Please let me knwo if theres anything you need here.

Laura A.
COH

Anonymous said...

Deb,
your list would make David Letterman proud! Great to hear form you directly on the site and I am really enjoying our e-mail exchanges as well. Be strong, be confident, be Debbie!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Deb,
I am so glad to see you are home and feeling better!
with love,

Alicyn

Anonymous said...

Deb,

So glad you are finally home!!! Loved the Top 10!!! You go girl!!!!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you start chemo and radiation...You can do it Deb.

Love,

Emma

Anonymous said...

deb i'm so glad you are home. hugs to you my favorite lawnmower dancer!
love,
raechelle

Anonymous said...

FINALLY - someone who can relate to my word finding issues. Someone else who has to sing the "two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun...." song because they can't remember what that darned thing is called...
I'm thrilled you're home. I'm thrilled you are hitting us back with a top 10. Watch out for e-mails from me. I probably have less to do at work than Barbara, (not that ANYONE has more time on their hands than her)...
Love you man!
-Mol