Thursday, December 14, 2006

Message from Deb: 12/14/2006, 10:30 AM, E.S.T.

Well, today is day 3 on the chemo.... in fact, I just took it 5 minutes ago but have to wait and hour to eat breakfast so I figured I'd use this time to send email! I have also had 3 days so far of radiation...that appointment is always going to be at 2:45 PM which is why the radiation oncologist wants me to take the chemo in the morning. So far, I have no issues with the chemo.... probably because I take an anti-nausea pill at the same time. I will be trying no anti-nausea Kytril one day to see if the chemo actually would give me nausea... not that excited about that day but I will do that next Monday.

As far as the radiation goes.... it's not bad at all (YET!). It's basically just a 10-12 minute thing so that always feels good! The mask is a bit annoying since it's so tight and they basically tie your head to the laying down thingy (can't think of that word!). Usually I have dots on my whole forehead and face for an hour since it's tight! That's a bit embarassing especially since I like to do errands after the radiation appt... Apparently I was told that the first few weeks there aren't that bad but that the area on my head where the beam is hitting may get a loss of hair... I guess the left side of my head will just look thinner... the top stuff will obviously grow so it can cover the missing side area (if it happens to me!).

My older brother has been here since Sunday and has done lots of stuff in the house for me. He moved both bedrooms (mine and the front guest room) based on what the Feng Shui lady told me to move.... He's also done several things that I would have done myself since I'm usually a major house person! I've thanked him WAY MORE than I can imagine since he's making me happy!

I have to tell you all about the Feng Shui lady that came here on Sunday... I didn't know what to expect but I figured I'd just wing it and do whatever she wants me to do in this house. Interestingly enough, the minute she came in the house she said the house's issue was 'sickness'... hhhhhm? Interesting, huh? She said, "we'll fix that, dont' worry". So, five hours later, she and her other Feng Shui woman (also Margaret and my real estate agent helped thankfully) moved living room, kitchen and dining room furniture around. It looks awesome which I never would have guessed. It feels good but I could never have figured out what to move where. I obviously do have some things that still need to be done (or bought) but that may take time. Here's an interesting one: I have to paint the dresser, bedside tables and armoire in my bedroom ivory instead of the wood color they are! I also have to buy a wooden headboard that is rounded (NO POINTY STUFF)... so, that's a big thing but my friend Al said he'll paint all the furniture and I'll look on-line to try to find an ivory king sized headboard...

Thank-you to everyone that has prayed for me and has a positive attitude about how I'll do in this tough situation.... you guys are the best! My attitude is still positive and I'm convinced that of all people, I think I'll beat the odds and will do well for YEARS to come!!!! I will continue to put details about how things are going onto this blog site (Thank you to the Mannings who I send my details... they post it for me on the blog site!).

Love,
Deb

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

DEB!!

GO YOU with the Feng Shui stuff! It should help. Now, you have me all motivated to hire my own Feng Shui Lady!! I REALLY need one too. There's a lot of value in the "energy" of our living and work spaces.

Keep up the great positive attitude. It's great to see your posts! : )

Beacons from Boston,
Karin Graefe

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Thanks so much for posting...I've been so anxious to hear something from you!!!! Feng Shui? you are so funny, whatever works, right!!! Glad to hear Danny has been there to help you. We all wish you the best and KNOW that YOU will beat this thing!!! Keep your strength and spirit during all this chemo and radiation! Love ya lots.
Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

debbie its so good to read you are feeling well. i'm sure you wouldn't tell us if you wouldn't. hope the no kytril day isn't miserable. argh. I wish I had your email addy. Is it still big deb?
hugs
rae

Anonymous said...

Hi! Debbie;
I love your Top ten Issues; I can see the old Debbie is back.
How are Nala and Joey doing?
How is it going with the chemo and Rad.Rx.?
Love
Patti

Anonymous said...

I say we should all get one of those hats!

Barbara

Anonymous said...

I want a hat too - and can mine have a propeller on top?