Monday, July 21, 2008

Deb's Update: Monday July 21st, 20:00 E.S.T.

Hi all,
See below for updates on Deb's visit to Dana Farber and on Radar's relocation to the Briard Rescue in Arizona.

Amy Doherty's update:

The family took Debbie to Dana Farber today and met with Dr. Wen. He agreed with our choice to stop the Avastin and chemo at this point. Debbie is staying with our mom until we can get her into a hospice residence, hopefully in the next few days.

Also, thanks to everyone for all your kind words and great stories about Debbie. Keep them coming because it gives us something to smile about. If anyone wants to send me pictures by email or regular mail (along with stories or quotes), I would appreciate it. I want to put together a scrapbook of happy memories. My email is amyrdoherty@verizon.net and my address is 53 Westview Terrace, Westwood, MA 02090.

Debbie sends her love to everyone.

Amy Doherty

Radar's Relocation:

Charlie & Antoinette arranged for Radar to be transported to the Briard Rescue center in Ajo, Arizona. After a long road trip Radar arrived safely and is settling in well. If you'd like to learn more and possibly make a donation to help secure Radar's future upkeep, please check out www.briardrescue.com

Thanks!
Antoinette

BRIARD RESCUE and HAVEN is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation established to provide a safe place for Briard dogs, and the occasional Briard wannabee, during their time of transition. It is a place for rehabilitation and care of Briards who find themselves without a home for any reason. No Briard will be turned away. The Haven is a privately run facility, funded by private donations, Ebay auctions, adoption fees and bequests.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

appreciate the Radar update - any work of Nala yet?

Anonymous said...

Nala Update:
Nala is staying with family in Connecticut. She traveled cross country - "Continental PetSafe style" on Saturday and arrived on time in Boston. She's made friends with our golden retrievers Jack and Jill - although she's much smarter than they are! Nala's stolen the hearts of my entire family! She'll be heading to her new home with Debbie's brother Jimmy this week.

Debbie - our thoughts and prayers are with you always!

Christy

Anonymous said...

I don't know who asked that the word "sucks" be excluded from any post,I can think of many other words that describe the situation,so please feel free to use this description.Deb still insist when I got her medicine ready last night that she needed her Etopiside & Kytril she doesn't understand she doesn't need it any more.Dr wen was surprised after looking at her scans, he stated she has more areas then most GBM patients,I said & see how she did,she is still fighting this thing & will to the end...Thank you all so much for your prayers & well wishes.

Anonymous said...

Well I agree that this does "suck" and if Deb's mom says we can say it, then I'm gonna say it too!!!! I hope both of the dogs adjust well, I'm sure they will miss their momma :) I would love to send some old pics to you Amy, I will probably make copies of them and mail them to you....no digital back then! I'll look around for some good ones! Send Deb my love and tell her I am thinking and praying for her always!
Love,
Nikki

Anonymous said...

I too agree with Dianne, this situation does suck, and no matter what Deb is a fighter, and still fighting. That's the Debbie Iknow and love, now and forever.

Antonietta

Anonymous said...

Almighty and Everlasting God, preserver of souls, who dost correct those whom Thou dost love, and for their betterment dost tenderly chastise those whom Thou dost receive, we call upon Thee, O Lord, to grant Thy healing, that the soul of Thy servant, at the hour of its departure from the body, may by the hands of Thy holy Angels be presented without spot unto Thee. Amen.

Debbie is a beautiful angel who blessed all of us with her friendship. She made us laugh, cry, eat, dance and much more. She always made us smile and now I seek comfort knowing I am blessed to have her wonderful soul in my life.

Kimmie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us posted,all of us WEST cost friends have Debbie on our minds and in our hearts.

Prayers and love to Debbie and her family as I know this is so hard for you all...

Laura
COH

Anonymous said...

Debbie spent most of the day sleeping today and told my mom that she needed to say goodbye. Amy, the blog maven, spent some time with Deb today as well. We are hoping to get her into a hospice in Needham, MA in the next couple of days. Debbie may have other plans. We'll try to keep you posted as things develop. Please post a comment if you can . . . it means more than you know.

Anonymous said...

I came across Deb's horoscope as she loved to read and I thought this was worth sharing.

"This is a good time to speak up and clear the air of any grievances you have been holding on to for some time. Personal subjects are the topic of discussion now. Reminiscing, remembering, daydreaming about and reflecting on the past is likely."