Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Deb's Update: March 6, 2007 2:00 PM PST

Hi All,

MRI IS CLEAN!!!

Thank you guys so much for all of your thoughts and fingers crossed since it has probably helped me... here are the details of what the surgeon said and how the day went:

Kimmie thankfully came last night and stayed over so that we could leave early, early to head to Cedars-Sinai for the 8:30 AM MRI appointment. We got there quicker than we hoped so I was actually 45 minutes early... obviously I wanted to just get that MRI DONE. Kim supported me the whole time: she went in the MRI room while I was in it and she went into the doctor's office when I was in there to hear the results.

I actually felt okay during the MRI... I was deep breathing and doing some meditating type of stuff. Yup, don't ask, I'm getting into slooooooow stuff like meditative breathing, yoga, etc... It's supposed to be good for brain cancer things. I decided to let them give me a CD with all of the MRI pictures in it so that I could just have it and show any doctor who needs to see it. I was hopeful that it went well and the guy that gave it to me said "here is your good movie Deborah" (wink, wink). So, I was guessing he couldn't tell me the results, but in my mind, he basically did!

So, after breakfast, Kim and I went to Dr. Yu's appointment. I saw a nurse first, then the PA, then Dr. Yu! The whole time I'm thinking... let someone come in and tell me what they see or don't see on the MRI!!!!! Dr. Yu finally came in and said: "Your MRI looks great!". He continued to talk about how he was quite sure that he would see swelling in my brain but was shocked that there was NONE! (he said that there was so much when he did the surgery and that I wasn't that long post radiation and chemotherapy, blah, blah, blah). He also said that it means that my immune system is working overtime and is doing a really good job for me which will be great in the vaccine study!

So, that's it guys! MRI #1 is done and is good.... next MRI is two months from now. I guess I will get one every two months for this entire year. Dr. Yu said that my brain looks soooo clean that the treatment I have been getting is obviously perfect for me (surgery, radiation and chemo)!

Kim took some pictures so I will post those after she emails them to me... you guys will like them all (scabs, bald spots, me & doggies, me at the MRI in my 'gown')

Again, THANKS from the body of my heart for all of your support!!!

Debbie

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deb
I' so happy your MRI was clean. So continuing with the present course is the goal.
Hope your ready for another visit from me and oscar soon, he can't wait to play with nala again and meet radar.

ant

Anonymous said...

This news is beyond fabulous!

WAY TO GO, DEB!!

Love & Light-filled Beacons,
Bea

Anonymous said...

Way to go girl. You have many angels looking over you. We are so excited that you are doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Love Kim and Mike

Anonymous said...

Beyond cool is it not? I sure as hell hope that you are celebrating this f(sc)abulous news! Everyone can now uncross everything and restore their collective circulation - my DVTs thank you!

Blog bitch - hmmmm - Amy, that is an interesting term and I quite like it, especially since it was directed to Mollie - we know the bitch part is spot on, right?

Deb, your news trumps mine for sure, does it not? I hope to be out your way soon - job related of course - and we shall take a ride in that interesting Element!

Congrats Debbie - it does not get muhc better than this.

Best Always,

Barbara

Anonymous said...

Awesome news, Deb, we were thinking of you all day! Congrats from the whole clan here including my mom, of course! We are soooo happy!

Love from all,
Danny, Mary, Logan & Popcorn

Anonymous said...

Debbie, saw 2 Elements today and they made me think of you and smile!
So glad to see that your scan results are clean--way to go!!
PS. naming the scab...eewwwwww
was Dr Yu impressed with it/him/her?? Has its gender been determined? Just to be fair, the Element should have a moniker too..........any ideas Mollie?
hugs from FL, Deb------Jeanne

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!!!!! That is the best news I've heard in a long time! Congratulations, Deb! I hope you did a celebratory dance right there in Dr. Yu's office. What did he say about your scab still being on your head? Was he impressed? I'm soooo happy for you!
Love ya!
Donna:)

Anonymous said...

Debbie,Yipee!! Great news ont he MRI!
Larry and I are so happy with al the good news.We were thinking of you all day yesterday. Keep up the positive outlook. Take care. Miss you lots.
Love to you and all the furry family.
Larry and Priscilla

Anonymous said...

Go Debbie, Go Debbie -
no Swelling, no tumor -
Immune System, kicking cancer butt!

Amy - I couldn't wait for the blog and ended up calling the infamous Fabulous Scabulous. Can't dangle candy in front of a toddler. Baris is just jealous 'cause you didn't offer to be HER blog bitch first. I rule.

Jeanne - I also think of Deb when I see an Element. I think, "poor Deb". Since we're on a naming gig, and since we have a theme, why don't we call it the Scabby wagon?

As far as the gender of the scab itself goes, can we not determine that something that clings long after its fate has been sealed, something that can't cut the apron strings and move on, can't leave the nest...it has to be a boy, and it is probably going to start asking for an allowance soon. Wait till it wants to shave for the first time, and you have to talk to it about wearing deodorant... best of luck!

Dear God - Baris coming to visit? The two of you riding around in the Element? Save me...
Love ya man!
-Mol

Anonymous said...

Debbie - I am so happy!!! This is outstanding! Thanks for the wonderful news!!
xxxooo,
Alicyn

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC DEB !!!!

I knew you would be doning so good,seems your treatment is just perfect keep you the good work pace yourself I know its hard for you to rest. Enjoy everything around you and celebrate!

Laura Alvarado
COH

Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy to see your good news today, Debbie!!!! That is excellent!!!
Susan C

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

This is EXCELLENT news and a testament that your strong will and all the prayers are working. You must be doing things right and please keep it up.

With Our Prayers and Love,

Patrick & Family

As for M & M, differnt location same funny person......

Anonymous said...

Debbie- we heard the news from a fellow briarder and thought we would write and let you know we are so happy to hear the news! We will keep you in our prayers and will continue to rejoice with you !!
Hugs- Jim- Lynn and Deanie in Utah

Anonymous said...

Deb,

Well that's what we all wanted to hear!!! Yipppeeeee!!! My thoughts and prayers were with you all day yesterday, and everything was crossed!!! I'm so happy for you...you're definitely on the right track!!!

I think the Element should be named the Scawag.....hmmmm?

Keep the GREAT news coming!! Love ya lots.
Love,
Nikki

Unknown said...

Wow, that is really great news!! Brought tears to my eyes..and a big smile to my face!!!!keep up the good work! You look great!!!!

Love, Galynn